Later version of source available?

Oct 23, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Edited Oct 24, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Ignore this. Was unable to decipher the API so no longer using it.

Coordinator
Oct 24, 2012 at 12:54 PM

The original ...

"Hi

I'm integrating this into my current project and was wondering if there's a later version of the source available?

Scanning what's there it's currently pretty impenetrable with really odd naming conventions and code layout (it took me a while to realise that you use a weird policy of putting your private variables at the bottom of classes and using Pascal case for them - never before come across this tbh.)

anyhoo I'm keen to get to know what I can do with this library as it looks like if I can my head around your eclectic naming and use of static classes everywhere it'll save me a lot of time :)"

The latest source version is available in the "Source Code" tab, just click the "Download" button to get the latest code drop.

Pascal Case is standard from what I've seen of the MS library code. Private variables also use this in case I decide to change them to public in the future (which I've often done). I tend to only use properties for really strict things that you should totally _not_ be modifying, as the function call overhead on Xbox can be particularly "bad". As for the private variables at the bottom of a class, this is from my C++ convention. When I'm personally looking at code I want to see the interface first, not the implementation. About static classes, this is for ease of use. Some people may hate a load of "global" variables, but these instances are used everywhere in the library and it's just much easier to have them available like this =) ... after all, we're writing a game here, not an example in strict software engineering principles.

I'm sorry to hear about your "unable to decipher the API" ... did you have a look at the "Example" project included in the download? The Documentation should get you setup and the Example project should give you a good idea of how the system works. I'm always happy to answer further questions here, but unfortunately the documentation won't be getting updated until the game that I'm currently working on has been shipped.

Thanks,